IMPORTANT: Scheduled Fantasy downtime on Monday, August 15, 6:00am - ?? PDT

Hey guys, sorry for the late notice on this, but we wanted to ensure we'd be able to get everything ready in time before announcing a site outage. We're doing all sorts of fun maintenance things next Monday, starting from early in the morning and going until we finish. In an ideal world, the downtime would be around 3 hours. In a non ideal world, everything will catch on fire. Regardless, we plan to make sure all aspects of the site are up and running before any of the afternoon baseball games are played, but no guarantees.

What this means for you: during this time, all webservice calls made to our APIs will return 404s. Won't really be any useful information returned back, just the 404 status code. This will likely cause problems for your applications, so our sincere apologies for any inconvenience, but this is the best time available to do some pretty critical upgrades. We'll be doing our best to keep the downtime as minimal as possible.

Please let me know here if you end up having any issues post-downtime and we'll see if I'm still awake to help with them.

2 Replies
  • The site's down! And now we panic.

\o| --  \o/ - \o/ ---

QUOTE(Sean Montgomery @ 12 Aug 2011 8:16 PM)
    Hey guys, sorry for the late notice on this, but we wanted to ensure we'd be able to get everything ready in time before announcing a site outage. We're doing all sorts of fun maintenance things next Monday, starting from early in the morning and going until we finish. In an ideal world, the downtime would be around 3 hours. In a non ideal world, everything will catch on fire. Regardless, we plan to make sure all aspects of the site are up and running before any of the afternoon baseball games are played, but no guarantees.

What this means for you: during this time, all webservice calls made to our APIs will return 404s. Won't really be any useful information returned back, just the 404 status code. This will likely cause problems for your applications, so our sincere apologies for any inconvenience, but this is the best time available to do some pretty critical upgrades. We'll be doing our best to keep the downtime as minimal as possible.

Please let me know here if you end up having any issues post-downtime and we'll see if I'm still awake to help with them.
  • Site should be back up. Please desist from panicking.

- Sean

QUOTE(Sean Montgomery @ 15 Aug 2011 7:13 AM)
    The site's down! And now we panic.

\o| --  \o/ - \o/ ---

QUOTE(Sean Montgomery @ 12 Aug 2011 8:16 PM)

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API