Everything Read-Only?

Just discovered this API, pretty cool...is everything read-only? Does the API allow transactions to be executed? Lineup changes? I understand this could lead to malicious acts done through code :-)

Thanks

4 Replies
  • QUOTE (sschwane @ Jul 6 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Just discovered this API, pretty cool...is everything read-only? Does the API allow transactions to be executed? Lineup changes? I understand this could lead to malicious acts done through code :-)

Thanks

Hi sschwane, thanks for checking out the API! Most of the API is read-only, but we do expose two write services:

• Add/Drop - http://developer.yahoo.com/fantasysports/g...collection.html . Worth noting that we don't currently support waiver adds/drops because of some complications when you start considering the FAAB feature.
    • Edit Lineup - we actually don't quite have this one documented yet, but it's totally possible. Working on writing this up once we can get the pages a bit better organized.

Those are the only two write services we're really planning for right now, but I would be curious to find out what other write services people feel would be useful.

(also important to note: if you want your application to be able to write data to users' fantasy leagues/teams, you'll need to be sure that you sign up for the Read/Write scope for your application, not just the Read scope)
  • Can we please get read/write access to the league's message board? Also read access to league roster moves would be helpful.
  • I would also love to be able to read/write to the message boards for a league.

additionally, it'd be awesome if I could read/write:
    - the "comments" for individual matchups.
    - "votes" for matchups before games start.

You say that the functionality is already there to edit lineups? Can you point me in the right direction to start with that? I will definitely implement this functionality on my site.

Thanks!
    C
  • QUOTE (Christian @ Jul 30 2010, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    You say that the functionality is already there to edit lineups? Can you point me in the right direction to start with that? I will definitely implement this functionality on my site.

Thanks!
    C

Heh, still a bit busy here, so I still haven't been able to get the Edit Lineup examples into the documentation. For right now, this thread might be the best reference: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6238

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API