Classic Asp Implementation?

Hi All - This looks like a really nice serivce that's setup. Essentially being able to query Yahoo's data is very powerful! I love data mining like this...

Of course, my strength is in classic ASP - about the only language without any documentation here. Does anyone have any code snippets written in classic ASP to do the auth and (probably using js) do a YQL query on the data? Once I see an example I can probably figure the rest out!

Thanks,
Matt

by
1 Reply
  • QUOTE (MaTT L @ Dec 25 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi All - This looks like a really nice serivce that's setup. Essentially being able to query Yahoo's data is very powerful! I love data mining like this...

Of course, my strength is in classic ASP - about the only language without any documentation here. Does anyone have any code snippets written in classic ASP to do the auth and (probably using js) do a YQL query on the data? Once I see an example I can probably figure the rest out!

Thanks,
    Matt

I unfortunately have no experience working in ASP, so I can't really help much! Best I can point out is that there are several libraries on the OAuth code page that integrate with ASP.net applications (DotNet OpenAuth and DevDefined OAuth) -- while I haven't used them, they hopefully can get you pointed in the right direction. Really, OAuth is the trickiest bit of these services. Once you can get a response back, it's basically just a bunch of XML parsing.

Please post back if you end up getting any Hello World style programs put together!

Recent Posts

in Fantasy Sports API