Retrieve information about TV programs being watched

Hi,

I am developing a widget whose GUI should be different depending on the program that the user is watching?

Is there any way to retrieve channel information with the Yahoo API (or any other TV API)? Understanding which buttons (keys) the user pressed before activating the widget could also be very helpful. Does anyone know how to retrieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help,

A

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Ana @ Mar 11 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I am developing a widget whose GUI should be different depending on the program that the user is watching?

Is there any way to retrieve channel information with the Yahoo API (or any other TV API)? Understanding which buttons (keys) the user pressed before activating the widget could also be very helpful. Does anyone know how to retrieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help,

A

Neither is possible. There are some other posts regarding this subject that you can search for. Why do you want key presses before activating the widget?
  • QUOTE (Steve @ Mar 11 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Neither is possible. There are some other posts regarding this subject that you can search for. Why do you want key presses before activating the widget?

Hi,

I wanted to have an idea of the channel the person was watching at the moment the widget is activated.

A

Recent Posts

in Design / Interaction - Yahoo! TV Widgets