Pass Variable to "view"

Hallo, I'm Domenico and few days later I start to develop with KONtx Framework to create some TV Widget for attached Project.

- Can I load view and in same time pass some value to it? For example on slected element I must load "FullScreen view" and pass itself one Value an set some properties of loaded view. If possible?

Thanks to all,
Kind regards

by
3 Replies
  • The KONtx.application.loadView method allows you to pass an object onto the view being loaded.

CODE
    KONtx.application.loadView('test-view', {exampleKey : val, anotherKey : moreVal } )

In the new view, you can access the object data using this.persist, so this.persist.exampleKey.
  • QUOTE (Steve @ Mar 4 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The KONtx.application.loadView method allows you to pass an object onto the view being loaded.

CODE
    KONtx.application.loadView('test-view', {exampleKey : val, anotherKey : moreVal } )

In the new view, you can access the object data using this.persist, so this.persist.exampleKey.

thanks very mutch, I think that there aren't good API on-line recerenece with all "Specification" .... what do you think?
  • *reference, not "recerence" lol
  • In this moment I have Complete resolved Problem with your tips.
    Thanks....
  • QUOTE (Daniele @ Mar 5 2010, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    thanks very mutch, I think that there aren't good API on-line recerenece with all "Specification" .... what do you think?

The docs aren't bad once you know what your doing, but I do agree that they are not good as an introduction to widget development. The original WDK's had the actual working examples of the Finance, News and Weather widgets to look at which helped a lot. One thing worth understanding is how to use the message center, and event-style programming in general.
  • QUOTE (Steve @ Mar 5 2010, 03:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The docs aren't bad once you know what your doing, but I do agree that they are not good as an introduction to widget development. The original WDK's had the actual working examples of the Finance, News and Weather widgets to look at which helped a lot. One thing worth understanding is how to use the message center, and event-style programming in general.

Well that's EXACTLY what I want - - - the working examples of the Finance, News and Weather widgets would be perfect for my needs. If you have them, could I get them from you?

Recent Posts

in Design / Interaction - Yahoo! TV Widgets