Omit sidebar view

Hi All,

Can we omit sidebar view and show after snippet fullscreen widget view?

Thanks!

by
7 Replies
  • From the docs:

The sidebar is the primary view of a widget. All implementations of widgets must display a sidebar.

So, i cant omit widget sidebar view in any cases, doesn't it?
  • QUOTE (vova.leskiv @ Oct 6 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    From the docs:

So, i cant omit widget sidebar view in any cases, doesn't it?

The 1.4 Dev Guide says: "You can launch the fullscreen view from the dock or from a sidebar view." This appears to have changed since earlier docs, that mentioned we must transition from snippet to sidebar to fullscreen.
  • Em.. my quote also from 1.4 version :r
  • And another one proof from TV Widget Acceptance Criteria rev 1.4:

Snippet and Sidebar Required

Widgets must have a snippet and a sidebar state at minimum.
  • QUOTE (vova.leskiv @ Oct 7 2009, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    And another one proof from TV Widget Acceptance Criteria rev 1.4:

I would assume we always need to launch into sidebar mode from the main snippet, but perhaps we can launch directly into fullscreen from a non-main/profile snippet??
  • QUOTE (Steve @ Oct 7 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I would assume we always need to launch into sidebar mode from the main snippet, but perhaps we can launch directly into fullscreen from a non-main/profile snippet??

This is correct. If it's an alternate snippet, you can launch directly into fullscreen. An example of this would be a "now playing" snippet in a video widget. For the primary / main snippet of the application, this should launch into a sidebar state.

-Jeremy
  • QUOTE (Jeremy Johnstone @ Oct 13 2009, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    This is correct. If it's an alternate snippet, you can launch directly into fullscreen. An example of this would be a "now playing" snippet in a video widget. For the primary / main snippet of the application, this should launch into a sidebar state.

-Jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks for the explanation!

Recent Posts

in Design / Interaction - Yahoo! TV Widgets