Dock Startup Default Snippet

We are trying to make a widget always start on a default snippet - for example a company logo. I am really stumped here and have tried numerous solutions to try and make this happen.

What would be the a way to always make the widget start on a default snippet when the dock is loaded?

by
4 Replies
  • QUOTE (WidgetRealm @ Jun 25 2009, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    We are trying to make a widget always start on a default snippet - for example a company logo. I am really stumped here and have tried numerous solutions to try and make this happen.

What would be the a way to always make the widget start on a default snippet when the dock is loaded?

Hi WidgetRealm,

Please use <image usage="960x540.loading.snippet" src="[pathFolder]"/> on widget.xml, It will help you load the start widget on a default snippet.

Thanks,
    Hoa Tat.
  • I am pretty sure that this will only display the company logo while the widget is loading and does not the change the snippet which will load first.

If you close the simulator (not the terminal) on a particular snippet, the simulator will always start back up on that snippet in the widget.

We are looking for a way to make the widget always start on a default snippet, not how to change the loading image.
  • QUOTE (WidgetRealm @ Jun 26 2009, 05:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I am pretty sure that this will only display the company logo while the widget is loading and does not the change the snippet which will load first.

If you close the simulator (not the terminal) on a particular snippet, the simulator will always start back up on that snippet in the widget.

We are looking for a way to make the widget always start on a default snippet, not how to change the loading image.

Not supported by design requirements. Ping us directly (Roger specifically) and we can see what we can do to work with your desired functionality.
  • Never had such a thought and practiced about this, but I think it advantageous to use UI dock here.

Recent Posts

in Design / Interaction - Yahoo! TV Widgets