Welcome to the Contacts/Address Book API Forum

Welcome to the Yahoo! Contacts API discussion board; This forum is for questions and discussion on the APIs related to the Yahoo Address Book. This includes the original “Address Book API” and the “YOS Social Contacts API” Relevant topics include use cases, requests for help, integration in various programming languages. The Y!OS Team keeps a close eye on our boards and we'll do our best to get back to you on any questions or comments you may have.

Charles Wu
Product Manager
Address Book Platform

by
13 Replies
  • QUOTE (Charles @ Sep 12 2008, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Welcome to the Yahoo! Contacts API discussion board; This forum is for questions and discussion on the APIs related to the Yahoo Address Book. This includes the original “Address Book API” and the “YOS Social Contacts API” Relevant topics include use cases, requests for help, integration in various programming languages. The Y!OS Team keeps a close eye on our boards and we'll do our best to get back to you on any questions or comments you may have.

Charles Wu
    Product Manager
    Address Book Platform

Hi,
    I have a problem in retriving contacts ,
    I am getting profile information except the user yahoo id.
    With out the yahoo user id how can i use the other information

bye
  • Tom has addressed this issue here: http://developer.yahoo.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=553

- Jon

QUOTE (narasimha k @ Jan 1 2009, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,
    I have a problem in retriving contacts ,
    I am getting profile information except the user yahoo id.
    With out the yahoo user id how can i use the other information

bye
  • Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve contacts informations and when I redirect my users to login into yahoo I get the following error :

Erreur – Ce service est indisponible pour l’instant.
    Invalid (missing) src or appid

The thing is that when I try with an other app ID and secret (ones from a friend's application that registered a few month before me) it works fine!

Note : my app ID is much longer than his

Please help me to get this work.

Thanks
  • Hi Oliver,

I think there might be an issue here with the type of application that you are creating because of the size of the app id that you mentioned you have (given OAuth app id's are much longer). Are you trying to create an application that will be displayed on yahoo or one that will be used on your own website? If you're building an application on site, it'll be an Open application, and if it's on your site it'll be an OAuth application.

If this is not the case, can you please provide additional details about what you're trying to do and a sample of your code (minus your keys of course).

Thanks,

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Netowrk

QUOTE (olivier.derobert@... @ Jan 14 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve contacts informations and when I redirect my users to login into yahoo I get the following error :

The thing is that when I try with an other app ID and secret (ones from a friend's application that registered a few month before me) it works fine!

Thanks
  • QUOTE (olivier.derobert@... @ Jan 14 2009, 01:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

Thanks

My problem has been solved, I asked for a new app ID that works.

Thanks

Olivier
  • i am currently implementing SpoonByte project in iPhone. i need email contacts with the given provider. i am using oauth for accessing yahoo contacts using grant access successfully.but after that page yahoo gives me code for my project for varification with that project. i already lost 3 days for that.
    Now i want to access yahoo contacts without code for my Project.
    pls help me to urgently to get rid of that or tell me the way how can do that.

pls help me........
  • My email shows no contacts found when I try to forward email, but I have a 100+ contact list.  How can I get the + button to start bringing up my contacts again?

Debbie
  • Should one have a program for a parlor/educational "game" in the form of a quiz, how would one contact Yahoo marketing or program development to see if this is something Yahoo would like to purchase, further develop, and get out as a Yahoo Game of sorts?  Any ideas as to the email address for such a department within Yahoo?  The program has been beta tested on select personal groups and has been well received.  We can show hits as well as completion rates.  We have copyrighted under intellectual copyright concepts.  The quiz needs further development to cover more areas, and a Yahoo or other team could accomplish that in about a week if not less.  We would provide the code and programming.
    Thanks.
  • i registered a project in contacts API and get  Consumer Key&  Consumer Secret , and i verified my domain, after running the code i got that error :  ( [oauth_problem] => consumer_key_rejected). plzzz i need help
  • Hi,
         I am new to Yahoo Contacts API,

All the Authentication and the Authorization processes are working fine and i am getting contacts from yahoo api only in case of

contacts that are added via mail but not added via Yahoo Messenger.

My Question is:

Can i get the contacts added as yahoo messenger contacts also through Yahoo Contacts API

I am using REST API implementation..

please help.

Thank u
    Rajesh kumar

• Hi, 
       using Contacts api, when did u set permissions in your project like after creation of project, did u set permission in contacts -->Read 
    and clicked on save and change Consumer Key

if above is the case then the consumer key changes and you need to add the most recent consumer key to your call

try this go to MyProjects and change the permissions to none and save and change key , repeat the process and set the permission to Read and Save and change Consumer key 
    now copy the consumer key and secret and work with it

hope it helps.

Rajesh Kumar

QUOTE(Samar @ 8 May 2012 9:19 AM)
    i registered a project in contacts API and get  Consumer Key&  Consumer Secret , and i verified my domain, after running the code i got that error :  ( [oauth_problem] => consumer_key_rejected). plzzz i need help
  • HI Everyone,

Using yahoo contacts API I want to get the contacts from yahoo using java any one please help me how can i get it.
  • Hi I have a problem with getting contacts in my web app
    Please take a look at these files and let me know whats wrong with them
    I run the project, at the end Yahoo sends the callback page this message :

{  "error": {   "lang": "en-US",   "description": "Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem=\"token_rejected\", realm=\"yahooapis.com\""  } }             

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    files URL : http://doorbash.x90x.net/codes.zip
  • Can someone tell me what is wrong in this code? I am getting "invalid signature" error, I assume I didn't properly normalize the request URL, what exactly should I change?
    Thanks.

$oauth_nonce = microtime(true);
    $oauth_timestamp = time();
    $oauth_consumer_key = 'dj0yJmk9YVB5RUdiYU9LQ3UzJmQ9WVdrOVduWkJaM1ZITXpBbWNHbzlOekEyT1RFNU1UWXkmcz1jb25zdW1lcnNlY3JldCZXXXXX';
    $oauth_consumer_secret = 'b261dd14407e555c13dadc0064438962bbeXXXXX';
    $oauth_signature_method = 'plaintext';
    $oauth_signature = 'b261dd14407e555c13dadc0064438962bbeXXXXX';
    $oauth_callback = 'http://www.my-site.com/import-yahoo-callback.html';

$request_url = 'https://api.login.yahoo.com/oauth/v2/get_request_token?
    oauth_nonce='.$oauth_nonce.'
    &oauth_timestamp='.$oauth_timestamp.'
    &oauth_consumer_key='.$oauth_consumer_key.'
    &oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1
    &oauth_version=1.0
    &oauth_lang_pref=en-us
    &oauth_callback='.$oauth_callback; 

// removing the new_line character
    $request_url = str_replace("\n", '', $request_url);

// trying to create a base string
    $base_string = 'GET&'.urlencode($request_url);

// creating a signature
    $request_signature = urlencode(base64_encode(hash_hmac('sha1', $base_string, $oauth_consumer_secret.'&', true)));

// append signature
    $request_url .= '&oauth_signature='.$request_signature;

header("Location: $request_url");
    exit;
  • i just get 10 yahoo contacts in contact API, how can i get all my contacts in my iPhone app and if possible then please provide full API to get all yahoo contacts,,,

Thanks in advance...

Recent Posts

in Contacts