Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="additional_authorization_required", realm="yahooapis.com"

Hi,

I am using the open social 1.0 java jar file to create the OAuth access tokens. This is works fine and I am able to access my profile and get my GUID. The GUID looks correct and works for other services. My project details has all the authorization settings set to either read/write or full access. I am able to use this to access other yahoo services. On the yahoo authorization page, the contacts icon has a little red triangle on the

Does the red triangle mean something? Is there anything I am missing?

GET URL string
CODE
http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/DAD3.../contacts?oauth_token=A%3DcbD3s1dkb2Nx4v&oauth_consumer_key=dj0yJmk9OVE1MmU2S05VSGVrJmQ9WVdrOVNXSmhTVGd5Tm1VbWNHbzlNV
Gt4TkRRNE5ERTJNZy0tJnM9Y29uc3VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD0zOQ--&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1273453474&oauth_nonce=15265603871721&oauth_version=1.0&oauth_signature=EGDfgEkfEQD7y1F36Se62fqkRzc%3D

http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/DAD3.../contacts?
oauth_token=A%3DcbDfkpacogRPd4......dkb2Nx4v
oauth_consumer_key=dj0yJmk9OVE1MmU2S05VSGVrJmQ9WVdrOVNXSmhTVGd5Tm1VbWNHbzlNVGt4T
kRRNE5ERTJNZy0tJnM9Y29uc3VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD0zOQ--
oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1
oauth_timestamp=1273453474
oauth_nonce=15265603871721
oauth_version=1.0
oauth_signature=EGDfgEkfEQD7y1F36Se62fqkRzc%3D

HTML Status code 401
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<yahoo:error xmlns:yahoo='http://yahooapis.com/v1/base.rng' xml:lang='en-US'>
<yahoo:description>
Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="additional_authorization_required", realm="yahooapis.com"
</yahoo:description>
</yahoo:error>
<!-- ws124.socdir.ac4.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Sun May 9 18:03:50 PDT 2010 -->

by
5 Replies
  • Go to "My Projects" and find the project that is associated with the consumer key that you're using in your request. Locate Yahoo! Contacts under Permissions and ensure that you minimally have read access to the API.

QUOTE (robert s @ May 9 2010, 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I am using the open social 1.0 java jar file to create the OAuth access tokens. This is works fine and I am able to access my profile and get my GUID. The GUID looks correct and works for other services. My project details has all the authorization settings set to either read/write or full access. I am able to use this to access other yahoo services. On the yahoo authorization page, the contacts icon has a little red triangle on the

Does the red triangle mean something? Is there anything I am missing?

GET URL string
    CODE
    http://social.yahooapis.com/v1/user/DAD3.../contacts?oauth_token=A%3DcbD3s1dkb2Nx4v&oauth_consumer_key=dj0yJmk9OVE1MmU2S05VSGVrJmQ9WVdrOVNXSmhTVGd5Tm1VbWNHbzlNV
    Gt4TkRRNE5ERTJNZy0tJnM9Y29uc3VtZXJzZWNyZXQmeD0zOQ--&oauth_signature_method=HMAC-SHA1&oauth_timestamp=1273453474&oauth_nonce=15265603871721&oauth_version=1.0&oauth_signature=EGDfgEkfEQD7y1F36Se62fqkRzc%3D

HTML Status code 401
  • QUOTE (nick t @ May 18 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Go to "My Projects" and find the project that is associated with the consumer key that you're using in your request. Locate Yahoo! Contacts under Permissions and ensure that you minimally have read access to the API.

Hello! I'm having the same problem and trust me I did all the things you said with no result. At this point I can get information about the user like his status, name etc, but I can't retrieve the contact list. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I'm getting the same message 'Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="additional_authorization_required", realm="yahooapis.com"'.

Thanks!
  • Mine started working.... Not sure why since the code has not changed.

QUOTE (mihaela @ May 20 2010, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hello! I'm having the same problem and trust me I did all the things you said with no result. At this point I can get information about the user like his status, name etc, but I can't retrieve the contact list. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? I'm getting the same message 'Please provide valid credentials. OAuth oauth_problem="additional_authorization_required", realm="yahooapis.com"'.

Thanks!
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response. Yes I have read/write access. Also what does the red triangle mean?

QUOTE (nick t @ May 18 2010, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Go to "My Projects" and find the project that is associated with the consumer key that you're using in your request. Locate Yahoo! Contacts under Permissions and ensure that you minimally have read access to the API.
  • Is there any other information I can provide?

Recent Posts

in Contacts