Invalid Application Id

I am trying to use BBauth to access Y! Mail's addressbook contacts. I am currently facing 2 issues

1) Using the current application Id ( and secret ), I am getting the following error: "Invalid (missing) src or appid ".

2) Also, I am unable to delete any of my current application IDs from the dashboard ( so that I can create a fresh app id to solve #1 ). ( Also am curious if multiple application ids can be created for the same web application url using multiple y! accounts ? )

Please advice.

Thanks!
Rakesh

by
2 Replies
  • QUOTE (Rakesh @ Dec 3 2008, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    1) Using the current application Id ( and secret ), I am getting the following error: "Invalid (missing) src or appid ".

The current application id that I am using is dohH3hjIkY6Pq1YM3Ltifl5Wg.yqePzIqw_rtQ--
  • QUOTE (Rakesh @ Dec 3 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    The current application id that I am using is dohH3hjIkY6Pq1YM3Ltifl5Wg.yqePzIqw_rtQ--

That looks like your consumer/api key. Your app id is a much shorter string, and you should find it on the info page for your application from the My Projects page. I'm using OAuth instead of BBAuth, but I would think the app id would be in the same place.

The source they're looking for is the string "APP.[appid]". You can see an example on this page for the Updates API: http://developer.yahoo.com/social/rest_api...e-resource.html

Funny enough, I just skimmed through the pages and the Contacts API Documentation doesn't seem to show that it requires the app id for getting contacts. Maybe this is a problem with the documentation and it does expect it?

Recent Posts

in Contacts