Deleted Contacts

Hi,

I am developing an application using Java that retrieves contacts from the Yahoo server. I need to know which all contacts have been deleted. Is there some way of doing this. (I mean is Deleted Contacts also a contact category ?). If not please tell me how to identify which contacts were deleted.

Thanks
Mike

by
0 Replies
  • I've looked through the contacts api and addressbook api to see if there is a method for doing this and I don't see a deleted categorization - or a method for capturing deleted contacts. I've sent out an internal e-mail about your contact related questions to see if anyone else here may know of a way to capture this data.

Jonathan LeBlanc
    Senior Software Engineer
    Yahoo! Developer Network
    Twitter: jcleblanc

QUOTE (Mike @ Jul 20 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi,

I am developing an application using Java that retrieves contacts from the Yahoo server. I need to know which all contacts have been deleted. Is there some way of doing this. (I mean is Deleted Contacts also a contact category ?). If not please tell me how to identify which contacts were deleted.

Thanks
    Mike
  • Just to follow up on this - there will not be a facility to accomplish this type of call (for deleted contacts) due to privacy concerns. Developers should not have access to the deleted contacts of a user in an official capacity because the user has chosen to delete those individuals, so historic records are not made available.

- Jon

Recent Posts

in Contacts