Can't get API key for desktop application in 2013

Hi, I tried to get an API key for my desktop application. I filled out the whole form but nothing happens. After I click on "Create Project", the form stays the same, except that the Terms of Use gets un-checked. When filling out the form, even though it's a desktop application, it is still asking for my Application Domain and Home Page URL.

I found this link on the forum from 2010.

http://developer.yahoo.com/forum/Contacts/How-to-Get-API-Key-for/1280954601000-34a4e5ca-e871-3868-bd7b-499e4d4fa84c

It says desktop keys don't need a domain name, however, it's still a field in the form. Did something change between 2010 and now? Is there something else I need to do to get an API key or do I need to have a domain in order to get a key for my desktop app? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

by
  • S
  • Oct 21, 2013
3 Replies
  • Which API are you trying to use? You need to provide a homepage URL for creating a desktop app. If you want to access some private API, you need a domain for oAuth flow.

• What URL would you use for a desktop?

• Solution: create project without any APIs selected. It will successfully create a 'Desktop/Mobile' project, and then you'll be able to select necessary APIs in the project settings.

Recent Posts

in Contacts