503 - 'New User' Error

I have successfully implemented OAuth communication with Yahoo! to retrieve a user's contacts and it has worked fine with the handful of users I have tested; however, one user I attempted to pull contacts from results in a 503 error with a response containing:

<error>not available</error>
<errorDetail>new user</errorDetail>

The user in question has successfully authenticated with Yahoo! OAuth and has a valid access token; it is only when I make the request to the contacts API that I get the above error. I am currently using the old retrieval implementation rather than a YQL query. If I use the YQL console to access that same user's contacts with 'select * from social.contacts where guid=me' the contacts are returned successfully.

Thanks

by
1 Reply
  • I have the same issue. Did you resolve this problem yet?

Thanks,
    Tony

QUOTE(Nathan Taylor @ 21 Sep 2011 8:05 PM)
    I have successfully implemented OAuth communication with Yahoo! to retrieve a user's contacts and it has worked fine with the handful of users I have tested; however, one user I attempted to pull contacts from results in a 503 error with a response containing:

not available
    new user

The user in question has successfully authenticated with Yahoo! OAuth and has a valid access token; it is only when I make the request to the contacts API that I get the above error. I am currently using the old retrieval implementation rather than a YQL query. If I use the YQL console to access that same user's contacts with 'select * from social.contacts where guid=me' the contacts are returned successfully.

Thanks

Recent Posts

in Contacts