Yahoo App 1.3.5.5631 on Android phone

First,

Please let me apologise if this the wrong place to post my question.

I have a HTC Desire Z phone running Android 2.2.1
I’ve just installed Yahoo Mail App Version 1.3.5.5631 from Yahoo Inc.
I am trying to change the notification sound which the Ymail app uses, I have changed every notification sound used by the phone to various MP3s, but none of them are associated with the sound made by the Yahoo App notification, not even the phone’s e-mail notification sound.

Please can you let me know where the App picks up its notification sound from so that I can try to change it.
It would be great if this could be added to a future release too.

Thanks

by
7 Replies
  • Hey Mark,
    currently it is not possible to change the notification sound used by the Yahoo! Mail for Android app. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Andreas

QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 28 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    First,

I am trying to change the notification sound which the Ymail app uses, I have changed every notification sound used by the phone to various MP3s, but none of them are associated with the sound made by the Yahoo App notification, not even the phone’s e-mail notification sound.

Please can you let me know where the App picks up its notification sound from so that I can try to change it.

Thanks
  • Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the reply to my post. That's a pitty...

Lets hope this can be incorporated into a future update to the App.

Perhaps they could look at synchronising the Yahoo Calendar with the Android Calendar too

Fingers crossed :)Mark
  • Hi Andreas (or whomever is now reading this). It's been 6 months since you replied to Mark's post below, yet the app still does not (or does not appear to) have this basic feature.

It should (rather obviously) have been included in the original release and (even more obviously) when it was very tactfully pointed out by Mark that you'd forgotten it (it must have been an oversight because no sensible person would have omitted this basic functionality) there should have been an update including it released shortly after.

Why has this not happened? Will you be correcting this mistake soon? Will you be correcting this mistake ever? If so, please provide an approximate date.

Thanks,
    Mike

QUOTE(Andreas @ 3 May 2011 4:32 PM)
    Hey Mark,
    currently it is not possible to change the notification sound used by the Yahoo! Mail for Android app. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Andreas

QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 28 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    First,

Thanks
  • Hello,

Can you atleast provide the name of the alert tone so that I can use that for all my other email accounts?

Thank you!

QUOTE (MikeM @ 27 Nov 2011 11:10 AM) Hi Andreas (or whomever is now reading this). It's been 6 months since you replied to Mark's post below, yet the app still does not (or does not appear to) have this basic feature.

It should (rather obviously) have been included in the original release and (even more obviously) when it was very tactfully pointed out by Mark that you'd forgotten it (it must have been an oversight because no sensible person would have omitted this basic functionality) there should have been an update including it released shortly after.

Why has this not happened? Will you be correcting this mistake soon? Will you be correcting this mistake ever? If so, please provide an approximate date.

Thanks,
    Mike

QUOTE (Andreas @ 3 May 2011 4:32 PM) Hey Mark,

Andreas

QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 28 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> First,

Thanks
  • What is the name of the "alert tone" that Yahoo uses so that I can set it the same for my other email accounts?

QUOTE (Andreas @ 3 May 2011 4:32 PM) Hey Mark,

Andreas

QUOTE (Mark @ Apr 28 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> First,

Thanks
  • Almost a year later and it still seems that you can't change the notification sound. I just wanted post another request for this feature to be added!! :)

QUOTE(Mark @ 28 Apr 2011 12:47 PM)
    First,

Thanks
  • Please add a feature in Yahoo Mail App to change notification sounds. 

Thank you

QUOTE(Mark @ 28 Apr 2011 12:47 PM)
    First,

Thanks
  • You can get help for this app on the Yahoo Mail App page:  http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Blueprint General Discussion