Requiring opera mini

I have just set up a small blueprint test site. When a user browses from a Windows Mobile phone (HTC Touch Pro 2), both IE Mobile and Opera Mini display a screen telling the user to install Opera Mini.

Is there any workaround for this? I read that Blueprint supports IE Mobile, but is this not the case? Is there any way to get these BP sites to work on non-Opera mini browsers?

Thanks,
Adam

by
11 Replies
  • Could somebody from Yahoo please respond to this? I want the blueprint site to work on supported mobile browsers without asking the user to download and install another browser. I have tested my site in the Windows Mobile 5 & 6 emulators, and it works/displays just fine in both versions of IE Mobile. So why is an user on a HTC Touch Pro 2 being instructed to download Opera Mini? (in both IE mobile and opera mobile) Is there any way around this?

If this is not the appropriate place to ask this question, please advise.

Thanks,
    Adam
  • Ok then... I guess we will need to find another solution for our mobile sites.

If Yahoo is taking a hands-off approach to these forums, and this framework - please at least state that somewhere.
  • Adam,
    is there any chance you can post the user-agent string of this particular device to the forum? The HTC Touch Pro 2 is definitely supported but your device may come in with a special UA that does not get recognized properly.

Once we know the user-agent we can resolve this problem very quickly.

To figure out the UA of this device, please point the mobile browsers (IE and Opera) to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and copy and paste the User Agents to this forum.

Markus
  • Hi Markus!

Thank you for your response.

This device is on the verizon network, and outputs the following user-agent in Opera mobile:

XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)

If you need the IE user-agent let me know and I will find out.

Thanks!

Adam

QUOTE (spieri @ Nov 4 2009, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Adam,
    is there any chance you can post the user-agent string of this particular device to the forum? The HTC Touch Pro 2 is definitely supported but your device may come in with a special UA that does not get recognized properly.

Once we know the user-agent we can resolve this problem very quickly.

To figure out the UA of this device, please point the mobile browsers (IE and Opera) to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ and copy and paste the User Agents to this forum.

Markus
  • Oops - I see that you explicity asked for IE and Opera.

I will post the IE user agent first thing tomorrow after I find out from the owner.

Thanks again,
    Adam
  • Here is the IE user-agent string:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;Windows NT 5.1; XV6875

Adam
  • QUOTE (Adam @ Nov 6 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Here is the IE user-agent string:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;Windows NT 5.1; XV6875

Adam

Hi Adam,
    The user agent is definitely the cause of the problem. It looks like we need to classify the Verizon version of the phone in our database.

I created a bug for this, so it should be fixed soon.

-David
  • Hi David,

That is great news - thank you. For future reference, is this forum the best place to post issues such as these when they occur?

Adam

QUOTE (David @ Nov 6 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi Adam,
    The user agent is definitely the cause of the problem. It looks like we need to classify the Verizon version of the phone in our database.

I created a bug for this, so it should be fixed soon.

-David
  • QUOTE (Adam @ Nov 6 2009, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi David,

That is great news - thank you. For future reference, is this forum the best place to post issues such as these when they occur?

Adam

Adam,
    Yep, this is the best place. Sorry we weren't able to get back to you soon enough (sometimes we get quite busy).

The fix should be implemented tonight, so you should see these changes reflected soon.

-David
  • QUOTE (David @ Nov 6 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Adam,
    Yep, this is the best place. Sorry we weren't able to get back to you soon enough (sometimes we get quite busy).

The fix should be implemented tonight, so you should see these changes reflected soon.

-David

Hi David,

My mobile blueprint site looks fine on all smart phones except for the new Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Can you please add the support for this phone?
  • QUOTE (BharathS @ Sep 14 2010, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Hi David,

My mobile blueprint site looks fine on all smart phones except for the new Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Can you please add the support for this phone?

I don't think we've reviewed that phone yet. I asked our device catalog team to look into it.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Blueprint General Discussion