Location Chooser on iPhone 3.0

Has anyone else had problems with the display on iPhone 3 for the location chooser?
I am using the FireFox User Agent Switcher and that it was just a problem there until I had my
client pull it up on his iPhone and it looked the same. The text box extends over the buttons
so it makes it hard to manually put in the location, and when it finds the location the variables
seem to be different. Let me know if anyone sees different.

by
8 Replies
  • Are you using only one <location-chooser> on the device or are you using multiple choosers?

The location chooser should appear as the following on an iPhone (when manually entering the location):

How does this differ from what you or your customer is seeing?
  • QUOTE (spieri @ Oct 19 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Are you using only one <location-chooser> on the device or are you using multiple choosers?

The location chooser should appear as the following on an iPhone (when manually entering the location):

How does this differ from what you or your customer is seeing?

I am only using 1 location-chooser. We are seeing the entry box extending all the way to the right and covering up about 3/4 of the button on the right.
    This is the same for me when I am looking at it with the User Agent changed on my FireFox.
    When we put in the location (it will find the location by the way) it just goes back to the same page. I have noticed that it is not passing
    the lat/long or even city/state. The only thing it passes is the __lc_origin which is not the same for the other phone types.
  • So far we can't reproduce this problem. Could you please post the user agent you are using?
  • QUOTE (spieri @ Oct 20 2009, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    So far we can't reproduce this problem. Could you please post the user agent you are using?

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

Thanks
  • Can you confirm and double-check that the issue happens also directly on the phone? We have tried to reproduce this problem across many iPhones as well in the Safari browser on the desktop using the UA you provided.

The only place where we see this rendering problem (and it's not just the location chooser, it seems that all of the background images are missing) is in Firefox by using the provided UA.
  • QUOTE (spieri @ Oct 20 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Can you confirm and double-check that the issue happens also directly on the phone? We have tried to reproduce this problem across many iPhones as well in the Safari browser on the desktop using the UA you provided.

The only place where we see this rendering problem (and it's not just the location chooser, it seems that all of the background images are missing) is in Firefox by using the provided UA.

Sure, I will have the phone on Friday to look at it on. I will get you some better information.

How about the variables being passed. As I said, it is not just the display, but when I get an address in there it does not pass all the information that
    the other user agents do.
  • Is there any way you can share the Blueprint XML for the location chooser?
  • QUOTE (spieri @ Oct 23 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Is there any way you can share the Blueprint XML for the location chooser?

Ok, got this working....Upon seeing the phone it was clear that it was displaying properly. My problem was the difference
    in posted variables that disallowed the functionality. Once I switched to using the XML sent back in the field name
    I was able to get it working. Thanks for looking into this with me. I appreciate your attention to it.
This forum is locked.

Recent Posts

in Blueprint General Discussion