Flurry Push For Unity Android¶
Flurry Push enables app developers to send targeted messages to re-engage and retain users. To start using Flurry Push on Unity Android:
- Integrate the latest Flurry SDK for Android
- Follow the integration steps below
- Provide Flurry your authorization credentials
- Test your integration via test push
In order to use Flurry Push for Unity Android, please follow the additional steps below:
- Follow Set up a Firebase Cloud Messaging client app with Unity through step 5 to import the Firebase SDK. There should now be a file google-services.json in your project’s Android folder. You do not need to provide any setup code here.
- Configure an Android entry point Application: Rename the following Android manifest template file Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest_Flurry-template.xml that comes with the Flurry SDK plugin to AndroidManifest.xml, and merge the contents with yours if needed.
- Update the metadata section in your AndroidManifest.xml.
When pushes are received or tapped, a Flurry background session occurs to allow Flurry to measure push metrics. Flurry exposes a method to allow you to determine whether such sessions are counted in the same way that foreground sessions are counted: withIncludeBackgroundSessionsInMetrics. Make sure to set withIncludeBackgroundSessionsInMetrics according to your app measurement needs.
Setting this method to YES/true:
- Background sessions initiated by push notifications, as well as session data for other background sessions, will be included in overall session metrics. This will impact time spent, uniques and other metrics.
Setting this method to NO/false
- Background sessions including sessions initiated by push notifications will not be included in overall session metrics. Push events such as PushOpened will be reported even if set to NO/false.
- You must set to NO/false to exclude push-initiated background sessions from being counted as sessions for your app.
This is set in the AndroidManifest.xml meta-data as shown above.
Was this document helpful?