Because every app is different, Flurry encourages you to experiment to find what works best for your needs.
Use Flurry Analytics to determine the places in your app with the highest user traffic. Typically, good placements include:
- Games: On game launch, when a user completes a level.
- Social Networks: User completes an engagement (call, text, video).
- Entertainment: User finishes consuming media (video, music).
- Content & Media: User finishes consuming content.
- Utility: User finishes using tool.
Flurry ad units represent unique placements in the app. If you app supports multiple ad placements, you can create multiple ad units.
How To Display Full Screen Ads¶
To display full screen ads, video or static, follow these steps, adding these code snippets in your Xcode project:
- Initialize the Flurry system.
- Display the interstitial (takeover ad) in your app.
- To be notified of certain events during the full lifecycle of the interstitial ad, implement the
FlurryAdInterstitialDelegateprotocol and then assign it to the
adInterstitialobject you are working with.
The following callbacks may be of interest:
Don’t set ad delegate to nil or remove ad in the
viewDidDisappear method of the presenting view controller that is passed into
presentWithViewControler:. When a full screen ad is shown on the view controller passed into these routines, the
viewDidDisappear methods of this view controller are called.
- Run the app to see an Interstitial ad displayed. You should now see an ad similar to the following:
If you are not seeing any ads, check the troubleshooting section in FAQs for iOS for tips.
Was this document helpful?