- Where’s my data? How often is data updated on the Flurry portal?
- What is the size of Flurry’s iOS and Android SDK library for Analytics?
- How are sessions counted?
- What happens with my data during maintenance?
- Is there a way to ignore “test” data or specific devices for analytics?
- I have a universal iOS app. How should I integrate it with Flurry? Will I be able to track my iPad and iPhone users separately?
- Can I track Events (e.g. pressing of a button) with Flurry Analytics if my app is a wrapper to my mobile website? The actions take place on the site server that the app is wrapping.
- Are there any third-party plugins for Phonegap, Cordova or Unity?
- I’ve looked through all the relevant areas of the Support Center and read the FAQ, but I still have questions.
Where’s my data? How often is data updated on the Flurry portal?¶
Flurry Analytics processes data throughout the day. If you just implemented Flurry Analytics you should expect to see data reporting to your project’s analytics page every few hours from when you first launched your application integrated with the SDK. If you’ve added Events, the first place your data will appear is the Events log section, located in the Events menu - data here will populate within minutes. From there, the remaining metrics and associated charts will subsequently be populated with this data. If data is still not populating in the Flurry portal, here are a few checks to ensure your integration is correct:
- Ensure that you have included your app’s API key in your code
- If you are running tests via an emulator, please ensure that the home button is pressed before closing the app
- Check if there is any firewall / ad-blocker blocking connectivity to Flurry
Note: All the data reported on the Flurry’s site reflects the Pacific Time Zone.
What is the size of Flurry’s iOS and Android SDK library for Analytics?¶
For more information on the working size of the Flurry iOS SDK in the App Store check out this article The Android SDK for Analytics is ~100KB (based on v.7.0.0 release). Flurry Ads SDK adds another ~200k.
How are sessions counted?¶
If the app pauses or moves to the background for more than 10 seconds, the next time the app runs, Flurry agent will automatically create a new session and end the previous session. Otherwise, Flurry agent will continue the same session. This can be updated via the setSessionContinueSeconds method. If the app is terminated, a new session will be created when the app runs again.
What happens with my data during maintenance?¶
We continue to collect data from mobile applications even during maintenance. If you are using Flurry Analytics to monitor your mobile applications you will not lose any data due to this maintenance period.
Is there a way to ignore “test” data or specific devices for analytics?¶
We currently do not have a way to “reset” data. You may want to try the following approach to prevent test data from appearing in your stats: create two projects (with two distinct API keys generated by Flurry), one for development/testing and one for consumers. When you are ready to send the application to the public, you can swap to the project key (API key) that points to the consumer project.
Another alternative is to set the custom time frame at the top right of the page in the analytics view of the application to start on the date the application is released. That way, no previous data from testing/development will show in this timeframe.
I have a universal iOS app. How should I integrate it with Flurry? Will I be able to track my iPad and iPhone users separately?¶
Please use the iPhone SDK to track a universal iOS app. By default, data from your iPad and iPhone users will appear under one project in the Flurry portal using this method.
If you would like to track and understand usage of your iPhone and iPad users separately, the best practice is to create two separate projects in Flurry (one each for iPad and iPhone) and generate two API keys.
Next, integrate your app using the iPhone SDK and use the two API keys in your app code using the logic below:
Are there any third-party plugins for Phonegap, Cordova or Unity?¶
The following plugins are not maintained or supported by Yahoo and are used at your own risk. For plugin support please contact the maintainers directly.
Was this document helpful?