Events for Flurry¶
- Are there limits to the number of Events and Parameters I can create?
- Can I filter out or delete Events from the Flurry portal?
- I want to add Events to my app. Will that require me to resubmit to my app store?
- Do you have any best practices you can share about setting up Events? Can you provide Event examples?
- What is included in “Other” in my Parameter’s value list? How can I see the breakdown within “Other”?
- I’ve looked through all the relevant areas of the Support Center and read the FAQ, but I still have questions.
Are there limits to the number of Events and Parameters I can create?¶
Yes, there is a limit of 500 Events for each app. Each event can have up to 10 parameters, and each parameter can have any number of values.
Note that we currently display only the top 500 parameter values for any Event in the Flurry portal. If you want to track something like a score, which can have an infinite number of values, we would recommend creating a distribution for your parameter values.
Can I filter out or delete Events from the Flurry portal?¶
Yes, you can do both. To filter an Event, go to the Admin tab and select Manage > Events. Then for each event you want to filter, click the slider button in the ‘Filtered’ column.
To delete an event, go to that same Manage > Events page, then click the trash icon to the right of the event to delete. Click ‘Delete Event’ on the ‘Confirm Delete’ popup.
I want to add Events to my app. Will that require me to resubmit to my app store?¶
Yes, in order for Flurry to receive data on these Events, your users have to have a version of the app on their device that contains these Events in the app code. Therefore, you will need to resubmit your app to your platform’s app store in order to start seeing data on these Events populate in the Flurry portal.
What is included in “Other” in my Parameter’s value list? How can I see the breakdown within “Other”?¶
For a particular Parameter, only the top 10 values are listed in the Parameter Value Distribution chart at the top of the page, with all other values grouped into “Other”. For detail beyond the top 10, please see the Detailed View table below. Here the top 500 values are listed and any value beyond this is grouped into “Other”.
There is currently no way to drill down beyond the Top 500 values. If you require additional information, one best practice is to create groupings for the Parameter values (e.g. if the values can be individual numbers, for example, create groups such as ‘1-10,’ ‘11-20’ and so on, rather than storing each individual value).