Revenue Analytics within Flurry allows you to track your In App Purchase (IAP) Revenue from transactions that occur within your iOS app or Android app in order to determine if your app is producing revenue from in app purchases at the levels you expect. With Revenue Analytics in Flurry, you can review the:
- amount of revenue coming in from In App Purchases within your app, regardless of the currency of the transaction
- average revenue across all devices and those making purchases
- number of devices making purchases
- products that are driving the revenue
- amount of the IAP revenue confirmed to be valid via Receipt Validation
The Revenue Dashboard presents a collection of analyses providing different looks into the IAP for an app. As with other dashboards in Flurry, data can be displayed for between 1 and 5 apps, or even for a collection of apps using the context selector. Filtering at the top of the page allows for focusing in on facets such as Country or App Version.
At the top of the dashboard are summary values providing a summary across the period when single context is selected. When more than one context is active, the summary values are not displayed.
These values represent the following:
- Total Revenue - The total revenue in a single currency for all transactions for the selected period.
- Average Revenue / Daily Active Device - The value of Total Revenue divided by the number of Active Devices during the period.
- Average Revenue / Paying Device - The value of Total Revenue divided by the number of Devices that did a purchase during the period.
- Paying Devices / Active Devices - The percentage of Active Devices that completed a purchase in the period.
Looking to understand the totals for a group of apps? Select an App Group in a brick and see values for all apps within that App Group.
Daily Charts Below the summary values, a collection of charts provide a daily look at various metrics across the selected period. The charts will display values for each of the contexts selected. The analyses are:
- Revenue - The total daily revenue in a single currency for all transactions for the selected period.
- Average Revenue / Active Device - The daily Total Revenue divided by the number of Active Devices during the period.
- Average Revenue / Paying Device - The daily Total Revenue divided by the number of Devices that did a purchase during the period.
- Paying Devices / Active Devices - The daily percentage of Active Devices that completed a purchase in the period.
- Average Revenue / Transaction - The daily average transaction amount.
- Transactions - The daily count of transactions.
- Top Products - Transactions - The daily transaction counts for the top 5 products across the selected period and context.
- Top Products - Revenue - The daily revenue totals counts for the top 5 products across the selected period and context.
- Transactions by Currency - The distribution of transaction counts across the period by currency code.
- Transactions by Validation State - The distribution of transaction counts across the period by result of receipt validation (see below).
The IAP transactions that occur in your app can happen in many currencies across the globe. With Flurry, the Revenue Analytics data for every major currency in the world is translated to a common currency using the market closing rate for New York from the prior day. Flurry Revenue analytics currency supports display in a single currency of US$, however this will very soon be updated to support the following currencies:
- AUD Australian Dollar
- BRL Brazilian Real
- GBP British Pound Sterling
- CAD Canadian Dollar
- CNY Chinese Yuan Renminbi
- EUR Euro
- HKD Hong Kong Dollar
- INR Indian Rupee
- ILS New Israeli Sheqel
- JPY Japanese Yen
- KRW Korean Won
- RUB Russian Ruble
- TWD New Taiwan Dollar
- USD US Dollar
Please note: The currency translation done within Revenue Analytics is not intended to match to that of any app store or to any official accounting.
See further instructions to integrate Revenue Analytics into your Android application.
See further instructions to integrate Revenue Analytics into your iOS application.
As part of validation, each transaction receives a Transaction Validation State. The possible states are as follows:
- Valid - The transaction was successfully determined to be valid.
- Unknown - The transaction validation state could not be determined.
- No Receipt - No receipt was available for validation.
- Receipt Parsing Failed - The receipt provided could not be parsed.
- Bundle Id Mismatch - The Bundle Id of the receipt doesn’t match the app (iOS)
- App Version Mismatch - The App Version of the receipt doesn’t match the app (iOS)
- IDFV Hash Mismatch - The receipt hash of IdentifierForVendor, bundleId and an opaque value does not match with the IdenfierForVendor and BundleId collected from the device (iOS)
- No Matching Transaction - The receipt contained no transaction with the id of the purchase reported.
- No Certificate Path Found - There was no certificate path found between Apple root cert and the signing certificate (iOS)
- Receipt Certificate Path Not Size Two - There were not two certificates in the chain signing the receipt before the Apple root certificate (iOS)
- Certificate Path Not Valid - The certificate path from the Apple root certificate and the signing certificate was not valid.
- Receipt Signing Certificate Missing OID - The certificate used in signing the receipt was missing the expected OID (iOS)
- Receipt Intermediate Certificate Missing OID - The intermediate certificate the receipt was missing the expected OID (iOS)
- Receipt Signature Verification Failed- The signature did not match the receipt (iOS) or purchase data (Google Play)
- Receipt Validation Unexpected Error - An unexpected server error occurred during validation
- Receipt Missing Creation Date - The receipt was missing a creationDate (iOS)
- No IdentifierForVendor Available - No IdentifierForVendor was reported from the device. (iOS)
- No Apple Root Certificate Available - The server was unable to locate the Apple root certificate (iOS)
- No App License Key Available - There was no Google Play License key available at the time of validation. See Entering Google Play License Key above. (Google Play)
- App License Key Is Invalid - The Google Play License key entered into Flurry was not a valid RSA public key. See Entering Google Play License Key above for steps to check the key. (Google Play)
- No Transaction ID Available - The reported purchase contained no transaction ID
At the bottom of the Revenue Dashboard, a chart presents a distribution of the validation states for all transactions across the period. Validation Status is available in the Filters section at the top of the page, allowing the review of Revenue from any individual or collection of Validation States.