Restricted Feature Set¶
Restricted Feature Set - End of Life¶
As you may have heard, Apple no longer allows apps directed at children to use 3rd-party analytics or advertising services. As the primary reason for the Restricted Feature Set (RFS) was to provide analytics that your legal representatives might find as regulation friendly, Flurry has made the decision to no longer provide the Restricted Feature Set functionality.
August 16, 2019 - RFS Apps will no longer appear in the Flurry Dev Portal. As well, data collection will be stopped for these apps.
August 31, 2019 - Historical data for RFS applications will be removed from Flurry’s servers.
Next Steps for all Apps¶
Ensure your app is properly marked as RFS. Flurry has added the RFS flag to apps that we believe may be directed at kids based on category or name. For Admins of Flurry, apps marked as RFS will appear with a red highlight on the Admin Applications page. If we did not mark your app, please ensure that you do so. If we marked your app mistakenly, you can remove the mark by clicking the pencil icon on the subject app in the table and toggling RFS off.
Next Steps For Apps in Kids Category or Apps Geared Toward Kids:¶
- You will need to find a new analytics platform where you can host the servers to comply with Apple’s new regulations.
- Download your metrics and the raw data collected using our APIs by August 31st, at which point we will remove all historical data for your app. Here are the pages that describe the various ways to download your data:
Next Steps For Apps NOT for Kids, but Using RFS:¶
- Please review the main Flurry Terms of Service with your legal counsel to determine whether or not they are acceptable for your app.
- If so, you can remove the RFS by clicking the pencil icon on the Admin > Application page and you will continue to use Flurry, uninterrupted.
- If your app cannot use Flurry based on the TOS, or you wish to stop using Flurry for your app, you’ll need to find a new analytics provider where you can host the servers and therefore have it be 1st party in order to meet Apple’s terms. Please note that this must be done by August 16, 2019 to avoid a gap in analytics coverage.
- Download your metrics and the raw data collected using our APIs. Please note, this must be completed before August 31. Here are the pages that describe the various ways to download your data:
- If you can no longer take advantage of Flurry’s analytics software, there are a few options in the marketplace that may be able to meet Apple’s new terms and the existing regulations. These vary as to their complexity of management and their cost.
- Countly (hosted by you)
- Localytics (hosted by you)