The Audience Export feature allows you to define an audience based on behavior within your app and/or device attributes and then export Advertising IDs for the matching devices for use in systems external to Flurry. For example, if you have an exceptionally valuable group of users, you may export the ids for those devices and run look-a-like ads on an advertising platform such as Gemini, Facebook, or AdMob.
The main page displays a list of all pre-existing Exports. From here, you can take the following actions on an Export:
- Edit - Editing an Export is identical to creating one, except that the definition is already created. Changes to an existing Export will require an update cycle to reflect in the data.
- Download - Download the list of Advertising IDs from the latest evaluation of the Export definition.
- Delete - Permanently delete the Export.
There are 5 columns in this list displaying the following information:
- Status - This column lets you know of the current status for the Export. The column can have values of:
- Running - The Export evaluation is currently running.
- Succeeded - The last run of the Export evaluation was successful and the updated list is available for Download.
- Failed - The last run of the Export evaluation failed. In this case, the list will be reflective of the last successful run.
- Name - The name that was given to the Export.
- Creation Date - The date/time that the Export was initially created.
- Last Update Date - The date/time of the last successful evaluation run.
- Download - A button for downloading the most current list of ids.
Creating an Audience¶
To create a new Export, click the + Create Export button. This will take you to the Create Export page. At the top of this page, you will find two items you need to address:
- Select the app to which the Export definition applies.
- Give the Export a name.
Once you have done these two things, you can start adding the filters that define the audience that will be Exported. There are two sections for defining the audience, the first involves directly defining filters, the second allows you to select one or more existing Segments.
To add a new Filter, simply select the type of filter from the Add Filter dropdown.
You may add as many filters as you need to define the audience you wish to export. Each separate Filter type is included with an AND between them. A few filter types, such as Event History and Activity Level allow for ALL/ANY logic within the specific filter.
Include a Segment¶
When including a pre-existing segment, you may select between ANY and ALL. If you select ANY, any device that exists in any of the selected segments will be included. Choosing the more restrictive AND option only includes devices that exist in all of the selected segments.
You may choose to receive notifications via email when the audience has been successfully refreshed.
The current schedule for updating the ids for export is daily. If you elected to receive an email notification, an email will be delivered after the refresh of the ids is successfully completed.