The Flurry Analytics SDK provides you with the tools and resources you need to gain a deep level of understanding about your users’ behavior in your apps. Set up advanced analysis of complex events, with metrics, segments and funnels to better track your users’ habits and performance.
Introducing New Analytics Tools¶
Flurry Analytics now introduces you to a new set of analytics tools designed to consume your data – and return the best possible reporting results for running your business.
The new Flurry Analytics features and capabilities, now available for mobile app developers, include:
- New, modern UI with powerful workflow tools.
- Real-Time Metrics, providing you with real-time data on how your app may be impacted by user updates, user acquisitions, or enhancements.
- New Dashboards, in fullscreen mode, that let you view all the metrics from a given metric area on a single page.
- New Comparison capability, with context controls, that lets you select multiple items for display at the same time and to quickly move between comparisons.
- Filtering of data, so that you can apply filters, like Country, Age, Gender and Language on the fly and view the results instantly.
- Groups, which let you take items, like Apps or Events, and group them together to quickly move between the contexts that matter for you.
- Explorer, with a totally redesigned UI that supports Segmentation reports, Funnels and Cohorts analysis, all returning results based on your most complex queries – within seconds.
With these new Flurry Analytics tools, you’ll be able to take advantage in your apps of
- real-time data processing because speed is important in making critical, time-sensitive decisions
- flexibility in answering questions that are most pertinent to your business
- frictionless workflow that adapts to how you work, not the other way around
Transitioning to the New Flurry¶
Work is currently underway to move the major features from the classic Flurry site to the new Flurry Analytics. During this period, functionality that has not yet transitioned will remain available in the classic Flurry site. This list documents major features of the classic Flurry site and their current state of coverage in the New Flurry Analytics.
|Feature Original Flurry||New Flurry Status||Feature New Flurry||Description|
|Applications - Usage||Covered||Usage Dashboard||Hourly, Weekly and Monthly Active Devices available on Active Devices Dashboard. Session Frequency and Top Versions coming soon.|
|Applications - Retention||Covered||Retention Dashboard|
|Applications - Audience||Covered||Retention Dashboard|
|Applications - User Acquisition Analytics||Coming Soon|
|Application - Events - Event Data||Covered||Events Summary Dashboard, Event Details Dashboard, Event Parameters Dashboard|
|Application - Events - Funnels||Covered||Explorer Funnels||All funnels from Original Flurry will be migrated to Explorer soon.|
|Application Events - Event Logs||Coming Soon|
|Application - Errors||Coming Soon|
|Application - Technical||Coming Soon|
|Application - Manage||Coming Soon|
|Application List||Coming Soon|
|Company Metrics||Coming Soon|
|User / Account Management||Coming Soon|
Be sure to view the Analytics Video and take a guided tour of the new analytics features and capabilities.
Using a lightweight analytics SDK, you can integrate Flurry Analytics into your app with just 3 lines of code. Below you’ll find integration guides for both iOS and Android.
|Track Custom Events for Android or Custom Events for iOS||Track specific in-app actions.|
|Explore Advanced Features for Android or iOS Advanced Features||Track geography, age/gender, User ID and more.|
|Create Basic Ad Units||Add an ad unit to earn revenue, cross-promote, or send targeted messages.|
|Track Events and Compare Usage between your app and its Apple Watch Extension||Track events for Apple Watch extensions on iPhone apps with analytics related to New Users, Active Users and Custom Eventing.|
|Check out API Reference documentation||Get information on all Flurry Java or Objective-C (iOS and tvOS) classes and methods.|
Reporting & Feature Overviews¶
|Features||Describes the tools and resources you can take advantage of for analysis, reporting and tracking in real time of your users.|
|Analysis Types||Defines the key terms you need to understand when working with Flurry analytics reporting.|
|Data Analysis & Usage||Describes the Flurry analytics tools and capabilities for the reporting, analysis or tracking tasks you want to perform.|
|Explorer||Discusses how to use Explorer to ask questions of your app data and get answers within seconds. Test and validate different hypotheses about in-app behavior on the fly.|
|Real-Time Metrics||View metrics in real time for up to 5 apps.|
|Solutions & Use Cases||In progress documentation on specific analytics and reporting use cases for Flurry developers.|
|Video Tutorials||View videos describing Flurry Analytics features and capabilities.|
Review Analytics FAQs¶
|Check out FAQs dedicated specifically to Flurry Analytics||Explore frequently asked questions on Flurry Analytics topics.|
Was this document helpful?