The Report Builder is DSP’s most comprehensive and flexible reporting tool. You can report on just about any aspect of your advertisers, campaigns, and lines. If you find yourself creating the same type of report over and over, you can save your frequently used reports as templates that you can modify later.
A few examples of the many types of reports you can create are:
Performance and Optimization¶
- Seat-wide performance or optimization for a single advertiser
- Pixel conversions
- Audience performance
- Exchange and Domain performance
- Return on ad spend
- Performance across devices
- Native ad performance
Budget and Fees¶
- Advertiser Fees
- Variable Costs
- Video Completions
- Moat Viewability for Video Ads
Build a Report¶
The Report Builder report lets you choose the interval to view key delivery and performance metrics. The report starts with a data set based on a default date range for fast generation and display.
Follow the steps in this section to run a report builder report from the Insights tab.
To build a report:
From the DSP Insights tab, select the Report Builder subtab.
You can also run a Report Builder report from the dashboard. Check out run-reports-from-the-dashboard.
Click the Date Range field to show the date range options.
From the Date Range drop-down list, select a date range or enter a custom range.
From the Interval drop-down list, select an Interval (Cumulative, Hour, Day, Week, or Month) to determine how data is grouped for a given date or time range.
If you need help deciding, check out Report Intervals.
From the Advertiser Group dropdown list, select an advertiser group, or select All to include data from all the advertisers in your seat in this report. For more information on advertiser groups, check out Advertiser Groups.
Select a currency setting. You can select U.S. dollars; or the currency used by the seat, the advertiser, or the campaign.
On the right side of the page, select the dimensions and metrics for the report as follows:
- To limit the report by a dimension (such as by advertiser, campaign, line, exchange, or other type of dimension), select one or more dimensions from the Dimensions dropdown list.
For dimension definitions, see Report Builder Dimensions.
- To limit the report by a metric (such as advertiser spending, impressions, clicks, CTR, or other type of metric), select one or more metrics from the Metrics drop-down list. The metrics will appear as report columns.
For metric definitions, see Report Builder Metrics.
To filter your report by one or more metrics, do the following:
- On the left side of the page, click the plus (+) sign next Metrics.
- Select a metric from the Metric drop-down list.
- Select a condition from the Condition drop-down list.
- Type a value in the Value field.
To filter your report by one or more dimensions, do the following:
- On the left side of the page, click the plus (+) sign next Dimensions.
- Select a dimension from the drop-down list.
- Type the dimension specifics. For example, if you selected the Line dimension, type the name of the line.
- Select Include or Exclude depending on how you want to filter your report.
Click Run Report.
If the report is more than 10,000 rows, you see some options.
Do one of the following:
- Click Reduce Report Parameters, and change the date range or remove some dimensions and filters.
- Click Limit to top 10000 Results.
- Enter your email address, click Email Report, and view the report in your email.
You see your report output.
Save Your Report as a Template¶
A Report Builder template is a snapshot of a report that you save for later reuse. The snapshot can include certain dimensions, metrics, and a date range. When you save a custom report template, you see that report template in the Template drop-down list.
To save your report as a template:
On the Report Builder page, set up the report parameters you expect to reuse often.
In the Template Name field, type a name for your template.
Click Save Template.
The next time you use Report Builder, select your template from the Template menu.
To delete a template:
To delete a template, select the template from the Template menu and click the Delete Template button.