The Campaign Explorer report lets you view basic delivery and performance statistics for campaigns. You can use this interactive report as a dynamic dashboard to explore the performance of your campaigns. You can further customize the report by setting filters, drilling down on advertiser hierarchy, and by adding and removing metrics. You can narrow your results to certain exchanges, domains, regions, line types, devices, locations, or demographics.
How the Campaign Explorer Works¶
Campaign explorer report gives you a snapshot of the performance trends for your campaigns across the network. It lets you drill down by advertisers, exchanges, ad segments and so on.
If you are an advertiser and you want to view the visual interpretation of your campaign’s performance and delivery trends for the past seven days, you can do so by selecting the dimensions on the left side of the campaign explorer report and view the trending metrics on the right side.
The Campaign Explorer report can help you to:
- Visually see if a campaign is live.
- Identify the exact hour impressions started to deliver for a campaign, line item, or an ad.
- Toggle thru select dates to get an idea of trends within your campaign.
- Analyze trends to see when your campaign hits daily cap for the day.
- Compare your hourly delivery of impressions to that of your main KPI to ensure you aren’t delivering too many impressions during times when people may not be clicking or converting.
- Gain insights on male vs female and age demographics.
- View the top exchanges your ad was served on in a given day.
- See if a particular exchange isn’t as efficient as others and remove that exchange if needed.
How Different Stakeholders Use the Campaign Explorer¶
Account Managers, Optimization Specialists, and Campaign Managers can utilize the campaign explorer report to gauge performance trends at the network level and/or drill down deeper.
How to Run the Campaign Explorer Report¶
Follow the steps in this section to run a campaign explorer report from the Insights tab.
You can also run the report from the dashboard. Check out run-reports-from-the-dashboard.
From the DSP Insights tab, select Campaign Explorer from the sub-tab.
You can also run the Campaign Explorer report from the dashboard. Check out run-reports-from-the-dashboard.
Click in one of the following fields:
- Line Item
You see a drop-down list under your selected field. Select an item from the drop-down list to include it in the report:
You see your selection in the field.
Repeat steps 2 until you have made all your selections.
Select a date range for the report.
Choose dimensions for your report.
In the View By dropdown, select the metrics you want to view in your report.
In the Period dropdown, select a period to view trends by.
You see the campaign report output for your selected parameters.
Further refine your report by selecting checkboxes in the different sections. For example:
Campaign Explorer Usage Examples¶
Campaign explorer report presents the data set in the form of graphs. You can navigate, view, and analyze specific dimensions and metrics in the report. The left side of the page shows the dimensions you can filter your report by. The graphical report showing the trending metrics is displayed on the right side of the page. Every time you make a selection in the dimensions (check or uncheck an item), the graph gets regenerated. By default, the report gets generated with a pre-aggregated data set based on a default date range. You can change the date range for your report using the dropdown menu at the top right corner of the page.
You can do the following on the Campaign Explorer report:
- View performance trends filtered by Advertiser, Campaign, Line Item, and Ad.
- Filter results using dimensions such as Advertiser Group, Exchange, Line Item, Device Type, Domain, and Gender.
- Use the View By dropdown to display dimensions based on metrics such as Impressions, Clicks, CTR, Conversions, and Conversion Rate etc.
- Use the Period dropdown to view trends for a specific period.