You can now serve Digital Out of Home (DOOH) ads across digital screens in public spaces such as airports, highway billboards, gas stations, doctor’s offices, malls, and office buildings; unlocking a new and unique source of inventory.
Use the DOOH Planner to enter your requirements and request the screens on which you’d like your ads to appear.
Launch the DOOH Planner¶
Use the planner to select filters to explore screens that fit your needs.
To use the DOOH Planner:
- Select the Planner icon on the left side of any DSP page.
- To select the Digital Out of Home (DOOH) planner, select DOOH Planner.
The first time you open the DOOH Planner, you see an introductory page.
Do the following:
- If you don’t want to see the introductory page again, select Don’t show this again.
- Click the close box or the Let’s get started button.
- Edit the filters to drill down to the types of screens on which you want to serve ads. See Available Filters.
Do one of the following:
- To edit one filter at a time, click the pencil next to the filter name.
- To edit many filters at once, click the Edit Filters link.
You must specify at least one location filter. All the other filters are optional.
Select filters to explore screens that best fit your needs. Choose from among the following filters:
Select one or more locations for the screens. You must select at least one location to update the map.
To select a location filter:
- Select one or more named geographic locations, such as a countries, states, DMAs, or cities. For instructions, see Target Named Geographic Locations.
- You can also select points of interest, such as airports, shopping malls, stadiums, restaurants, or just about other type of public location. For instructions, see Target Points of Interest.
Optionally select one or more Supply Side Partners (SSPs), such as Verizon Media SSP, Rubicon, or Vistar Media. Click in the Search and add SSPs text box and select an SSP from the drop-down list.
To narrow down the list of SSPs, start typing the SSP name.
Optionally select one or more screen owners, such as Clear Channel, Zoom Media, or Captivate. Click in the Search and add Screen Owners text box and select an screen owner from the drop-down list.
To narrow down the list of screen owners, start typing the screen owner name.
Optionally select one or more location types for your DOOH ads by selecting location type checkboxes.
You can choose from the following location types:
- Indoor: The screen is in an indoor space like a gym or elevator.
- Outdoor: The screen is in an outdoor space like a stadium or highway.
Optionally select one or more venue types for your DOOH ads, such as a Roadside, Gym, Mall, Airport, or Doctor’s Office venue. Click in the Search and add Venue Types text box and select a venue type from the drop-down list.
To narrow down the list of venue types, start typing the venue type name.
Optionally select checkboxes for one or more of the DOOH ad types you’d like to purchase (select All, Image, Silent Video, or Sound-On Video).
Optionally select checkboxes for one or more of the DOOH screen resolutions you’d like to purchase.
Choose from the following screen resolutions:
- Small: The pixel area of the screen is less than 1,000,000 e.g. 1400x400.
- Medium: The pixel area of the screen is between 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 e.g. 2048x768.
- Large: The pixel area of the screen is greater than 2,000,000 e.g. 1920x1080.
Ad Slot Duration¶
The ad slot duration sets the exposure time in seconds per view that the creative will be displayed on the screen. Use the left and right sliders to set the minimum and maximum duration of the ad you want to run.
After you select at least one location filter, you see all of the available screens on the map.
Screen owners such as Clear Channel don’t allow DSP to show the screen locations on the map. For these screen owners, you see a message at the top of the map indicating the number of hidden screens.
To select screens:
- Zoom in on the map and select a pin.
You see detailed information about your selection.
- Continue selecting pins until you have selected all the screens on which you want to purchase ads.
- When you are finished, click Submit Plan.
After you submit your requirements, Verizon Media uses the following workflow to process your request:
- DSP submits your plan to Verizon Media for review.
- Verizon Media sends an email confirmation with your request ID in the subject line.
- The Verizon Media Supply team works with the screen owners to package the inventory.
- When the deal is ready for review, Verizon Media notifies you (and any contacts you CC:) via email to finalize the deal.