Every line is created within a campaign and has a unique line ID, name, flight date, and media type. You can set up lines to deliver display, video, native, or audio ads.
You can configure and edit line properties in any of the following ways:
You create a line by configuring the line properties; including the budget, pricing, goals, pacing, conversions, targeting and ads.
To create a line:
On the Lines list view page, click the New Line button.
You see the New Line page.
Specify a name for the line in the Line Name field.
Move the Status slider to select a status (Active or Inactive). The line needs to be active in order for its ads to serve.
Select a media type for the line. For information on media types, see Line Media and Inventory.
Once you save a line, you cannot change its media type.
For native lines only, select the type of inventory you want the line to run on. Select one of the following options:
- Select Oath Native for exclusive access to Oath owned and operated (O&O) supply; premium partner supply, such as Samsung; and third-party supply. the Start Date field and choose the beginning of the flight in the date picker.
- Select 3rd Party Supply to bid on third-party inventory through auctions via DSP.
For details, see Line Media and Inventory.
Specify the line’s flight schedule. Do the following:
- Click the Start Date field and choose the beginning of the flight in the date picker.
- Optionally click the End Date field and choose the end of the flight in the date picker.
If the line is part of a package, optionally set the Budget Distributor to Active to redirect budget from underperforming lines to lines that are performing at 100%.
- Set the budget distributor to Active to opt in to the budget and pricing settings you configured at the package level. Skip to step 9.
- Set the budget distributor to Inactive to opt out of the budget settings you configured at the package level.
If you opt out of the budget distributor for this line, the package Total Budget is reduced by the Total Budget amount you enter for the line. The remaining package budget is distributed to the lines that are opted in to the package-level budget distributor.
- Configure line budget and pricing settings in Budgets & Pricing area.
Configure variable costs in the Variable Costs area.
The Variable Costs area displays controls that enable you to configure and track costs associated with the line. To learn more about variable costs, see Variable Costs.
Configure bid optimization goals in the Pacing, Bidding & Goals area.
The Pacing, Bidding, and Goals area displays controls that enable you to specify and configure line-level optimization goals. Goal type options are constrained by the line media type and billing configurations. To learn more about bid optimization, see Bid Optimization.
- Configure line pacing settings in the Pacing, Bidding & Goals area.
The Pacing, Bidding, and Goals area displays controls that enable you to specify line-level pacing controls. To learn more about line pacing, see Pacing.
- Configure line conversions and conversion pixels in the Conversions area.
The Conversions area displays controls that enable you to enable line-level conversions. To learn more about line conversions, see Conversions.
- Click the Create Line button.
You see the line list view.
To configure ads, targeting and bid multipliers:
Specify line creatives in the Ads view.
Use the Ads page to specify the ads you want the line to serve. To learn more about line creatives, see Ads.
Configure line targeting in the Targeting view.
Use the Targeting page to specify audiences you want the line to serve. To learn more about line targeting, see Targeting Overview.
Configure bid multipliers in the Bid Multipliers view.
Use the Bid Multipliers page to set bid allocations higher for some targeting parameters, and lower for others. To learn more about bid multipliers, see Bid Multipliers.