Search Keyword Audiences¶
A search keyword audience is populated with Yahoo Search users who search for certain words or phrases. You can include or exclude users who search for keywords you specify.
Later, after you build the audience, you can include the search keyword audience data in a larger, composite audience that combines different Verizon Media and third-party data sources. Check out the Composite Audiences help page.
Oath automatically deactivates DSP search keyword audiences that have not been used for 90 days. If you want to reactivate a search keyword audience that has been automatically deactivated, navigate to the Audience Builder and move the Status slider to Active.
Build or Edit an Audience¶
You can build or edit a search keyword audience using the advertiser Audience Builder or the Seat Audience Builder.
To build or edit a search keyword audience:
- Navigate to the advertiser Audiences page or seat Audiences page.
If you need help, check out the following help pages:
- On the Audiences page, do one of the following:
- To build a search keyword audience, click the Audience Builder button.
You see the Audience Builder. On the left side of the Audience Builder, click the Search Keyword button.
- To edit an audience, select the link for the audience you want to edit.
You see the Build Search Keyword Audience page for an existing audience.
Configure Search Keyword Audience Settings¶
You can either type keywords directly onto the page, or upload a file with keywords. If you want to upload your keywords, be sure to prepare a CSV or TXT file with all the keywords you want to include or exclude before completing these steps.
You can configure the following settings for search keyword audiences:
- In the Audience Name field, type a name for your audience.
- If you are ready to make the audience active, move the Status slider to the right.
- Set the recency parameters that DSP should use to populate the search keyword audience. From the In the Past dropdown list, select the number of days to count back from today in determining if the keyword search qualifies the user to be included in the audience.
- Move the slider to select a match type.
DSP supports broad match keywords for U.S. English and Traditional Chinese.
To select a match type:
- Select Exact Match to match only keywords that are exactly as the user types them.
- Select Broad Match to expand your keyword seed list by generating new keywords and keyword phrases that are semantically similar. For example if your seed keyword is running machine, the expansion algorithm will generate similar keywords such as elliptical trainer, nordictrack, and treadmill. If you select Broad Match, you see a Broad Match Optimization drop-down list. Select one of the following options:
- Clicks and Conversions optimizes the keyword list for click and conversion performance.
- Reach optimizes for reach by expanding keywords and phrases more aggressively.
- Your audience is built by including users who search for the keywords you specify. You can upload your keywords or type them directly onto the page.
If you choose to type your keywords directly on the page, you can type multiple, comma-separated keywords.
Do one of the following:
- Type a one or more keywords in the Enter keyword or keyword phrase text box. When you are finished typing, click the blue plus sign on the right side of the text box or press Enter.
- Upload the keywords on which you want to base the audience. In the Include Keywords area, drag and drop your CSV or TXT file to the drop zone, or click Choose a file to upload.
You see your include keyword list.
- You can optionally exclude people from the audience if they search for keywords that indicate they are not useful to your campaigns. If you want to exclude people who search for certain keywords, click the Exclude Keywords link to expand the Exclude Keywords area.
- Your audience is built by excluding users who search for the keywords you specify. You can upload your keywords or type them directly onto the page.
Do one of the following:
- Type one or more keywords in the Enter keyword or keyword phrase text box. Click the orange plus sign on the right side of the text box or press Enter to exclude users who search for those keywords.
- Upload the keywords you want to exclude. In the Exclude Keywords area, drag and drop your CSV or TXT file to the drop zone, or click Choose a file to upload.
- If you are editing an existing audience and want to export the current list of keywords to an Excel spreadsheet, click Export.
- Click Build Audience.
Search keyword audiences take about 24 hours to populate.