Use audience insights to quickly understand demographic information including audience size, demographics, locations, and devices for custom audiences. DSP automatically generates audience insights for the custom audiences you build.
- For privacy purposes, DSP only generates audience insights for audiences with more than 1,000 users. Additionally, DSP requires two days to gather enough history for the audience insights to be accurate.
- The Audience Insights cross-device graphs calculates the number of unique devices, but not not necessarily the number of unique users. For example, if a user is in the audience for both their smartphone and their desktop, there will be two IDs included in the audience.
Accessing Audience Insights¶
To see the audience insights for a given audience:
- Navigate to one of the Audiences pages. If you need help, see one of the following sections:
- Select the small blue bar graph icon next to the audience name to see the audience insights for that audience.
You see the Audience Insights panel for the selected audience.
Using Audience Insights¶
On the Audience Insights panel, you can hover over the various charts and graphs for more detailed information.
The Audience Size line graph shows fluctuations in the audience’s size over the last 30 days and has two lines.
- Total Reach: The total number of unique identifiers stored in this audience in the Verizon Media DMP.
- Active Reach: Of those unique identifiers, the number that Verizon Media has seen recently on the Verizon Media owned and operated websites or via ads that the Verizon Media DSP has served.
To hide Total Reach or Active Reach from the chart, click the label for the metric you want to hide.
Hover over a data point to see audience size details for a particuar date.
Use the Demographic charts to view audience information broken down by gender (pie chart) and age (bar graph). Hover over a slice in the pie chart or bar in the graph to see more detailed information.
Use the Location chart to see, at a glance, the number of users in each general location. Hover over a bar to see more detailed information. Select an option from the Region drop-down list to see more granular regional statistics.
In the Devices area, you can see audience information broken down by device type.