About DoubleVerify Contextuals¶
You can create DoubleVerify brand safety segments to protect your brand and meet your brand safety objectives. You can then target those segments in line targeting using “target” logic.
To access DoubleVerify contextuals, enable them at the seat level using the Vendor Store. See Vendor Store.
DoubleVerify supports the following types of contextual targeting:
|Authentic Brand Safety (ABS)||A pre- and post-bid solution that encompasses DoubleVerify’s best-in-class brand safety protection.|
|Brand Safety||Categories to avoid (such as adult content, terrorist events, or obscenity) that you do not want associated with your brand.|
Authentic Brand Safety¶
Authentic Brand Safety (ABS) is a brand safety solution that includes whitelisting, blacklisting, custom keyword avoidance, inappropriate content avoidance categories, custom brand safety categories, and app brand safety controls (such as App Star Review and Age Rating).
Use DoubleVerify’s Pinnacle IQ Blueprint platform to send a unique identifier to DSP that deploys a set of brand safety controls across the DSP and other programmatic ad buying platforms.
You can create ABS segments on the DSP Contextuals page, and target them on the DSP Targeting tab.
You can target DoubleVerify ABS contextuals in the DSP but you cannot block them.
Get Started with DoubleVerify ABS¶
This section provides the high-level steps to get started using DoubleVerify ABS:
To get started with DoubleVerify ABS:
- Contract a Statement of Work (SoW) with DoubleVerify and gain access to the Pinnacle IQ Blueprint platform.
- Implement customized brand safety logic using URLs, keywords, etc. through DoubleVerify’s Pinnacle IQ Blueprint platform.
- Push a unique Client ID to DSP. This Client ID is visible across DSP seats.
For Managed Advertisers¶
If you are a managed advertiser and do not have access to the Pinnacle IQ Blueprint platform, contact your Verizon Media account team or strategist. They will engage with DoubleVerify to create a segment with your desired brand safety settings, and push a Client ID to DSP. The turnaround time is about 24 hours.
Associate an ABS Contextual with an Advertiser¶
To target an ABS contextual at the line level, see the help section for targeting Contextuals.
You can use DoubleVerify Brand Safety contextuals to avoid having your ads appear on sites that belonging to one or more of the following categories:
- Ad Impression Fraud
- Ad Server
- Adult Content: Swimsuit
- Controversial Subjects: Alternative Lifestyles
- Controversial Subjects: Celebrity Gossip
- Controversial Subjects: Gambling
- Controversial Subjects: Inflammatory Politics & News
- Controversial Subjects: Occult
- Controversial Subjects: Sex Education
- Copyright Infringement
- Disaster: Aviation
- Disaster: Man-made
- Disaster: Natural
- Disaster: Terrorist Events
- Disaster: Vehicle
- Drugs/Alcohol/Controlled Substances: Alcohol
- Drugs/Alcohol/Controlled Substances: Smoking
- Drugs/Alcohol/Controlled Substances: Substance Abuse
- Extreme Graphic/Explicit Violence/Weapons
- Illegal Activities: Criminal Skills
- Negative News: Financial
- Negative News: Pharmaceutical
- Non-Std Content: Non-English
- Non-Std Content: Parking Page
- Sites with Insufficient Fraud and IVT Stats
- Undermoderated UGC: Forums
Using Brand Safety Targeting¶
A DoubleVerify brand safety contextual includes one or more categories to avoid (such as disaster categories). Reference a contextual when you set up targeting for a given line to prevent ads associated with that line from serving on sites associated with those categories.
To target a DoubleVerify contextual at the line level, see the help section for targeting Contextuals.