Just in time for the Firefox 3 Download Day (today, June 17th), last night we released a new version of YSlow that works with Firefox 3. You can install it from the YSlow page or the Mozilla add-ons site.
What's new in this version:
- Firefox 3 and Firebug 1.2 beta support
- different coloring for inline vs. external CSS and JS ("All CSS" and "All JS" features)
- clickable list of resources as a Table of Contents ("All CSS" and "All JS" features)
- improved colors and presentation in the "legend" of component pies under Stats
- fixed a bug where the same hostname with different port number was counted as a separate DNS lookup
- misc bugfixes and style tweaks
In this version, as with the previous one, we aimed at supporting all possible combinations of the different Firefox and Firebug development branches, namely the latest Firefox 2 and 3 and the latest Firebug releases: 1.05 (stable), 1.1 (beta) and 1.2 (beta).
Many thanks to everybody who sent kind words of encouragement and questions about the availability of this new release, sorry we didn't reply to all of you, but now your wait is over.
Happy download day!