Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- Worldometers is live data on world statistics.
- GeoDjango and the postcode database is a way to use UK postcodes efficiently in Django.
- textorize is a Ruby script to do subpixel rendering on fonts.
- Stuart Colville has some good info on open redirects and phishing vectors.
- Cake YUI is a basic framework to start with YUI (2.x though, I guess you know already that YUI 3 is out). If you are in the Silicon Valley, also make sure to come to the YUIConf on 28th of October.
- Briefs is a design review tool for the iPhone.
- We are colourblind is a pattern library that deals with concerns of colour vision deficits.
- MockFlow is a browser-based wireframing tool.
- Some good tips on autoupdating Greasemonkey scripts
- Google Docs now has an experimental API for automatic OCR scanning and multilingual translations.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt" and please tell us in the comments if this is a good idea.