It is Tech Thursday and here is a random pick of cool technical links from our bookmarks collection:
- The Internet Explorer 9 team has released the developer previews of the browser. Some interesting goodies in there, like hardware accelerated graphics and finally CSS border support.
- Open Amplify is a web service to test the meaning of text, like how negative or positive it is.
- Spritely is a JQuery library for sprite animation for games.
- 8 Bit Austin is a lovely old school map of Austin, Texas.
- Placemakr is a nice little hack showing where people read articles based on the YQLGeo library.
- For the Hackday in Atlanta, we've written a small web demo to calculate the distance between two places on earth.
- Designing for the Web is a free book on exactly that topic.
- TweetCompressor uses unicode characters to make tweets shorter - could be confusing.
- Super Mario Bros on a 8x8 LED matrix looks cool.