Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- Flickr as a paintbrush is an interesting experiment that analyses Flickr photos taken at a certain location to determine the colour of a place - in this case Harvard
- Gizmodo has a DIY example how to build Augmented Reality Goggles from a smartphone and some cardboard - needs a lick of paint and might confuse people though.
- A very cool infographic showing the average internet speed and prices around the world let's all move to Japan.
- The Fun Theory is a competition by Volkswagen to make every day things more fun to use. I talked earlier about the Piano stairs, now they also have a bin that makes a sound when you put things inside it and turned a bottle bank into an arcade machine.
- After the deadline is a tool to check your texts for spelling errors and bad grammar. You can see a demo in action and download the open source code.
- A pretty cool solution for playing Guitar Hero without a guitar by recognising the muscle movements.
- Performance fans love to make their PNGs smaller, heres a C# tutorial how to do that.
- Matthew Casperson has a great tutorial on how to use YQL inside a Flex application.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt".