Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- Freeciv is an open source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. The game commences in prehistory and your mission is to lead your tribe from the Stone Age to the Space Age
- Nintendo NES console in CSS.
- How hard is it to program something similar to Shazam in Java?
- @neoberg built this Macbook Air with nothing but CSS.
- Take a look at how to have multiple background CSS animations on a given element.
- Great design is a product of care and attention applied to areas that matter, it is not just for designers. There is a lot of design in code, well-designed code means happy users, developers, and stakeholders.
- The 3D game engines behind some of today’s biggest games are staggering works of mathematics and programming. If you are just starting out or want to learn more, here is a tutorial to walk you through the basics of graphics systems in 3D engines.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt".