Yahoo! is very excited to partner with Joyent to launch free hosting for Yahoo! application platform developers. Joyent is offering a Launch Accelerator for developers, optimized for the Yahoo! Application Platform, and it's free for one year!
The Yahoo-specific Joyent Launch Accelerator is a shared platform running on the Joyent Accelerator Cloud. This platform has been configured to be a fast, easy, and affordable way to develop and deploy your Yahoo! application. The program was designed to minimize the sys-admin skills needed to kick-start and manage your web application. There is no need to invest time in being a sys-admin for your hosted app. All you need to do is code your killer Yahoo application and deploy. Please note: the Joyent Launch Accelerator for Yahoo! does not give you root access. If you do need the added flexibility of root access please review the Joyent Public Cloud offering.
What You Get With Joyent Launch Accelerator
- One Joyent Launch per Yahoo account with a single SSH/SFTP login
- One MySQL and PostgreSQL login with up to 5 databases (in total) allowed, access to phpMyAdmin and phpPgAdmin tools
- 5 GB of total disk space
- 100 GB of monthly bandwidth
- 200 MB of total memory available, with a 100 MB per-process limit
- One web URL in the form of username.yahoo.joyent.us. Includes DNS provided by Joyent.
- 10 ports to run processes on
- Ability to create Cron jobs and define Bootup Actions (SMF services)
- Many command line utilities, editors, version control tools, etc.
- Yahoo! PHP + Python SDK Preinstalled
We look forward to seeing the successful applications that you create using this powerful new platform. To get started right away, sign up here for Joyent hosting.
Open Developer Evangelist