Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- CSS Modal are modals built out of pure CSS.
- One of the biggest flubs that product teams make is confusing designs that look great with designs that actually work well. Why good storytelling helps you design great products.
- PHP Mobile Detect is a lightweight PHP class for detecting mobile devices, including tablets and smartphones. It detects a mobile environment using the User-Agent string along with specific HTTP headers.
- A list of ten things developers need to know about Firefox OS.
- The new HTML5 elements, , brings autocomplete functionality to the Web natively. TJ VanToll describes what datalists are, when it's appropriate to use them, their limitations and what to do for browsers that don't support them.
- Two.js is a two-dimensional drawing api geared towards modern web browsers. It is renderer agnostic enabling the same api to draw in multiple contexts: svg, canvas, and webgl.
- CSS3 Pong, a playable version of Pong complete with working scoring system - built entirely with CSS.
- Tutorial on creating a simple scrolling layout with fixed background images using background-attachment: fixed and a navigation.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt".