On Wednesday, the 29th of April 2009, we hosted a developer evening in the co-working space La Cantine in Paris, France. Around 50 developers followed our invite and came around to hear all about the Yahoo offerings for developers.
We've been in Paris before, hosting targeted developer evenings on SearchMonkey and BOSS. This time we wanted to give a broader overview and introduce the audience to seven things we do for developers:
- We provide a great online experience.
- We share the data that drives this experience.
- We share the research we?ve done to make it a smooth experience.
- We provide building blocks to build your own great experience.
- We provide tools to improve your products.
- We offer amazingly easy interfaces to the web.
- We offer our search index to tailor to vertical markets.
The slides are available on Slideshare and you can download the PDF versions in case you want to read them offline:
There is also an audio recording of the talk to listen to when clicking through the slides. The quality is not amazing (recorded with the in-built laptop microphone and I kept moving around, sorry) and we'll try to improve that next time:
All in all we had a great time in Paris, talking to the media about the developer program (coverage includes 01Net, and Le Monde informatique) and answering the detailed and very relevant questions the developers had for us before and after the talks. We will now see what detailed information the French developers want to get and will be back soon. Right now, however the upcoming Open Hack Day London is our main priority, so sign up if you want to have more of this kind of information!
Yahoo Developer Network