The Yahoo! Developer Network team and a bunch of other folks from Yahoo! are going to be out in full force at OSCON in Portland this week.
On the first day (Tuesday), Jeremy Zawodny and I are both participating in the Executive Briefing. Jeremy blogged today about his panel (The Ghost in the Machine: The Impact of Open Source on Web 2.0), which is about the use of open source at Yahoo! and how we give back to the community. I will be in the "hot seat" with Tim discussing (as Tim wrote) "the first shots that have already been fired in the open data wars" (here's the full session description). I'm looking forward to it.
Here is a list of the sessions in which my Yahoo! colleagues will be presenting:
- Premshree Pillai, Handling Cross-domain XMLHttpRequests, Wednesday, July 26, 10:45am - 11:30am
- Andrei Zmievski, PHP 6 & Unicode: The Tower of Babel, Next Generation, Wednesday, July 26, 4:30pm - 5:15pm
- Rasmus Lerdorf, PHP and Web 2.0, Thursday, July 27, 10:45am - 11:30am
- Michael Radwin, Hacking Apache HTTP Server at Yahoo!, Thursday, July 27, 1:45pm - 2:30pm
- Jeremy Johnstone, Writing Your Own PHP Extensions: How & Why from A-Z, Friday, July 28, 10:45am - 11:30am
At various time before, during, and after the sessions, Dan Theurer, Jason Levitt, Andrei Zmievski, Jeremy Zawodny, Rasmus Lerdorf and I will be hanging out at the Yahoo! Developer Network booth, so please do stop by and say hello and grab some goodies.
See you in Portland!
Yahoo! Developer Network