If you’re just getting started with the Yahoo! Application Platform (YAP), you should be aware that you’ll need to define a few parameters in the YAP dashboard before your app can be pushed live. Four of these required fields concern the images that represent the app in various contexts. This brief tutorial walks through the steps for defining these images and clarifies the requirements.
Screenshot showing yahoo.com icons. Image credit: YDN
- An Open App. You can easily create one of these using the YAP dashboard
- 4 images for your app (all dimensions in pixels):
- Application Icon: 64 x 64 jpg, gif, or png. This is the image that appears in the top left of an app’s border on apps.yahoo.com
- Favicon: 16 x 16 jpg, gif, png, or ico. This image represents your app in event notifications
- Yahoo.com icon: 20 x 20 gif. This is the image that appears in the list of applications on the Yahoo! homepage (see screenshot above)
- Screenshot: 300 x 250 jpg, gif, or png. This image is