I'm getting together with some of the Hadoop committers tomorrow. Considering my quality engineering background, these are some of the discussion items at the top of my mind for the project:
- Code Review Guidelines: I wrote these up a couple years ago. Are they being followed? Are they the right set? How can we raise the quality of the code reviews being performed before patches are committed?
- Feature Design Documentation: Can we agree that each feature needs a design doc? A proposed template is attached to HADOOP-5587.
- Feature Test Plans: Can we agree that each feature needs a test plan? A proposed template is also attached to HADOOP-5587.
- Warnings: We're working to reduce static analysis (Findbugs), compiler (javac), and documentation (javadoc) warnings to zero. Can we commit to keeping them there?
- Fault Injection Framework: We're working on a fault-inject framework so that my team and others can write tests that inject faults and monitor the effects. The current work is being