Job: Music Co - Senior Web Developer / Front End Engineer (FEE) - NYC
contact: email@example.com if interested:
The Senior Web Developer/ Web Designer will play a leadership role in creating web sites and online products that will help shape the digital future of the music industry.
Lead client side programming for the web initiatives of a music major.
This role will design front end architectures and program the structure, presentation and behavioral layers of large scale music web sites, digital products and social apps/ widgets experienced by millions of passionate fans.
This is a fun job, working with User Experience (UX) teams, Product managers, Graphic designers, backend System Engineers and label executives who are shaking up the online music industry.
Artist Web Sites
* Develop web sites for major artists, newly signed acts and marketing initiatives.
Digital Music Products
* Prototype and create new forms of User Experience (UX) that will define the future of music.
Web Design Sensibilities
* Work closely with the User Experience Design (UED) to translate layouts into production sites. - Use expert level XHTML and CSS skills to design and develop sites. - Create *pixel perfect* layouts from Photoshop comps. - Write code and utilize hacks that ensure cross browser compatible layouts.
Front End Engineering
* Apply object oriented analysis and design techniques and rigorous development methodologies to the front end engineering activities of the company. Skills
Consumer Internet, Online Music and Social Media Experience
* Must have track record working on cutting edge projects in consumer services, online communities, online entertainment, social networks or apps/ widgets/ iPhone apps.
* Experience with dynamic consumer site features like user registration, validating user data, displaying user submitted HTML, file uploads, thumbnails and image galleries.
* Social networking experience developing on OpenSocial, Facebook Platform/ Open Graph and the iPhone/ Android platforms - using profile data, media sharing, friend lists/ social graph data, chat and messaging.
* Experience with consumer Internet properties, including business priorities like programming to be SEO friendly, collecting web metrics and conversion optimization.
* Familiarity with best practices related to usability, accessibility and internationalization. (X)HTML / CSS Expertise
* Strong understanding of contemporary web design and working on top-tier web teams.
* Deep expertise in HTML up to and including using appropriate semantic markup for SEO.
* Expert understanding of CSS, including using box model for standards compliant layouts.
* Experience with .JS and DHTML libraries (Prototype, Scriptaculous, jQuery, Rico or Dojo).
* Ability to write scripts that do not interfere with other code and objects, through the appropriate use of namespaces, variables and functions.
* In-depth knowledge of DOM manipulation with Ajax/ JSON / XML / and the XMLHttpRequest () object * across browsers, GET and POST .
Computer Science / Production Engineering Perspective
* Experience working directly with business logic programmers, System Admin and DBA groups to integrate sites and features with dynamic backends corporate infrastructure.
* Experience working in environments with disciplined approaches to security, commenting, documentation, file structures and linking to external JS / CSS files.
* Must have at least 2 years experience in a hard core web production job.
* CS degree preferred.
Major Music Company...Work on a great team and a fun job, working with User Experience (UX) teams, Product managers, Graphic designers, backend System Engineers and label executives who are shaking up the online music industry.