Committed to keeping up with the latest in Firefox and Firebug development, were happy to announce that a new version increment of YSlow was released, mainly aiming at addressing compatibility. Whats in this release?
- Firefox 3 beta 5 support
- Support for the latest versions of the different Firebug branches
- Pie chart representation of the components in the Stats tab
- Improved display in the expanded CSS expressions rule report in the Performance tab
- Support for disabled Firebug Net Panel (default behavior in Firebug 1.2)
- Misc fixes for the reports in the Tools section
Looking at the diversity of Firefox/Firebug versions, these are the current available branches for Firefox and Firebug.
Firefox has two active branches:
- Firefox 2 - the current version is 126.96.36.199, this is the stable production version
- Firefox 3 - the latest is 3.0. beta 5
Firebug has 3 active branches:
- Firebug 1 the latest version being 1.05, this is the stable version
- Firebug 1.1 the latest is 1.1.0 beta 12
- Firebug 1.2 the latest 1.2.0 alpha 21
Firebug 1 doesnt work with Firefox 3, so there are a total of 5 combinations and the YSlow 0.9.5b1 has been successfully tested on all of them:
|Firebug 1||Firebug 1.1||Firebug 1.2|
You can download the tool here, report bugs here, read the performance rules, and participate in the performance mailing list discussions. Also make sure you keep an eye on our performance-related postings on YDN and YUI Blog.
Yahoo! Exceptional Performance