Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- Videry.me is a growing repository of curate videos for Web designers and developers.
- A list of the most commonly used git commands and their description.
- MQtest.io is a simple tool to help identify which media queries your device responds to.
- Common practices for building responsive site layouts and experiences including some emerging and available techniques for site layouts that flexibly resize based on screen real estate so as to ensure users get complete experiences across whatever screen size they are using.
- 5 hints from the lazy bear on how to keep up to date on UX Design.
- The number one and most effective way to prevent yourself from being a victim to online hacking is through proper and safe coding. Infographic: Are You Practicing Safe Coding? gives all of the basics that you need to know to prevent yourself from being a victim to website hacking.
- There are many possibilities for modal overlays to appear. Here are some modern ways of showing them using CSS transitions and animations.
- Common misconceptions about Uniform Resource Locator (URL) encoding and what every web developer must know about URL encoding.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt".