Every Thursday is Tech Thursday where we share a random assortment of technical links we found and liked.
- We all revel in how easy it is to create the basic HTML5-based app, but creating a great HTML5-based app is another story. Here are a few considerations and tips you should mull over before jumping into your first HTML5 app.
- Company logos created in pure CSS. Hover over the icons for a behind-the-scenes reveal and comparison with the image version.
- Have you become dependent on a JS-library? An interesting view: How jQuery made me become a programmer.
- A comparison of various JS frameworks using cold hard data.
- Handy PHP and MySQL queries for developers to help you perform your work smartly.
- Explore your GitHub archive data in 3D or view existing archives.
- There's a lot more to simple design than you think. Here are 10 golden rules of simple, clean design to make you create designs that pop.
- Topcoat is CSS for clean and fast web apps, with code for both desktop and mobile devices. It includes a huge number of elements, including toggles, actions, fonts, form elements.
- Prepros is an app that compiles your less, scss, sass, compass, jade, haml, and coffeescript code with live browser refresh. It has no dependencies, and includes error notification, a background file watch, and much more.
- Finding sample avatars for interface design can be super annoying. Luckily there is User Inter Faces to help you find an avatar at the size you need.
You can propose links to us on Twitter (@YDN) or try bookmarking them on delicious with the tag "forydntt".