AppNation, San Francisco, CA. September 13-15: YDN will be represented by Erik Schmidt and Connected TV at the demo pod. In addition, Ron Jacoby, the Chief Architect of Connected TV, will be speaking.
PennApps, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA. September 16-19: Tom Hughes-Croucher will be presenting a talk on YQL, and he is also a Hack judge.
An Evening with Hadoop, London, England. September 22: Yahoo! Solutions Architect Dr. Milind Bhandarkar will present two 90-minute talks: Overview of Apache Hadoop & MapReduce Programming, and Introduction to Pig Programming.
TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon, San Francisco, CA. September 27-29: YDN will be on hand to offer API support on September 25 at the hackathon weekend that precedes the main Disrupt event. In addition, startups who have registered will compete in a Startup Battlefield demo/competition, with a $50,000 cash prize at stake.
Web 2.0 Expo, New York, NY. September 27-30: Several Yahoos will be in New York for this event, including
- Doug Crockford discusses What to Expect from Browsers in the Next Five Years: A Perspective
- Havi Hoffman moderates a panel on Why Hacking Matters: How to Have a Hack Day at Your Company or Organization
- Matt Sweeney offers The Browser Performance Toolkit
- Duncan Watts ponders Is Noise the New Signal, or is Signal the New Noise
Grace Hopper Celebration, Atlanta, GA, September 28- October 1: Yahoo! roars at this "celebration of women in computing" in Atlanta, with CEO Carol Bartz leading the way.
- Carol Bartz delivers a keynote speech
- Natalia Vinnik moderates An Introduction to Community-Developed and Open Source Software
- Jenn Han Donnelly is a presenter on the Career and Economic Opportunity in Open Source Software panel
- Avni Khatri moderates and Jamie Lockwood participates in a panel on Open Source for Good
- Avni is a coordinator of the culminating Open Source Codeathon for Humanity (creating access to critical information in disaster zones), which includes the participation of Yahoos Mani Abrol, Jamie Lockwood, Glenna Mayo, Barbara Poblete, Jenny Han Donnelly, and Natasha Vinnik